Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Work!


Bryce Canyon Storm, oil on canvas, 24" x 36"

It's been a long time coming, but I finally completed a oil painting from my visit to Bryce Canyon National Park.  The painting illustrates the summer thunderstorms that develop during the heating of the day over the interior mountains of the southwest.  On the first day I visited, I got into the park and only had about an hour of sunlight before the storms took over for most of the day.  Everyone had to stick it out sitting in their cars for several hours before the weather cleared later in the afternoon.  This experience made me want to illustrate the few fleeting moments of sunlight beaming down on the canyon "hoodoos" formations before the storm clouds rolled in.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Teek! You keep getting better and better!

    Joan & Bill

    ReplyDelete