Tuesday, November 20, 2012

More Work in Progress



Above is a quick snapshot of my studio desk.  I wanted to let you know that more large works, based off my sketches and photos of my cross country is on the way.  Above, you can see a shore scene developing - this is based off my exploration of the village of Westport, in northern California.  The visit in Westport was with Dad during the first week in August.

My biggest challenge so far with this painting is being reasonably accurate with the rocks.  The sunlight casting shadows on the landscape form right to left make the rocks feel dark, but I fear I've made them too dark for the project.  Anyway, I will continue to experiment and add layers of paint.  The painting is currently in oil so it take a while to dry between sittings.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment